7.b english forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

English forum for 7.b

You are not connected. Please login or register

Measurements by Siri - the short measurements

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Siri

Coffee grinder

I measured the power useage of my coffee grinder.

It was indicated to 150W.

But when I took my coffee grinder with the coffee beans in it I measured it to be 210W. Which is a lot more then it was indicated to be.

The explanation may be that the indicated W number was counting without coffee beans in it. When there is coffee beans in it, it needs more energy because it´s harder for the machine to crush the coffee beans.

You can say it´s cheating but it really dosen´t matter because you only use a coffee grinder for a few seconds.

Electric kettle

I measured how much energy my electric kettle used when it was full (2 l.)

It used about 2030 W
And it was indicated between 1920-2280.

The reason for the difference between the indicated numbers are so widely may be that you can fill the electric kettle with different volumes of water, and then it´s different how much energy it uses.

I think it´s a lot of energy and I am certainly going to think more about it every time I need to heat some water. Very Happy

Hairdryer

I measured my hairdryer, but it was a little bit complicated because it has a lot of different features but I will try to explain it! Smile

First you can chose between cold and hot air.

And then next theres something called level 1 and 2.

When the hairdryer is on hot air and level 1 it uses 832 W

When it´s on level 2 it uses W 1595

When the hairdryer is on cold air and level 1 it uses 60,5 W

When it´s on level 2 it uses 105,5 W

As you can se there´s a big difference between the numbers and whether it is hot or cold. So I think that I am going to think more about how I use my hairdryer.

Last edited by Siri on Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:24 pm; edited 3 times in total

Mina

Good siri Very Happy Razz

Admin

Admin

Yes, very good. Have you made other measurements, perhaps on items that you actually do use for more than just a few seconds at a time?

https://lundtoftesgreatest.forumotion.net

Siri

Yes I have! I will put them in today! Smile

Mina

you´r a genius

6Measurements by Siri - the short measurements Empty Andreas - Reply Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:19 am

andreas

nice work Very Happy

http://www.wwe.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum